This board walks you through Kanban basics. This work management system that helps the teams improve transparency, communication, and alignment within their workplace.
✨ Share this board with your colleagues as a quick guide to start using Kanban.
Check out this board if you are looking for OKR template.
👀 What is Kanban?
- Check out Kanban 101
- Kanban is a Japanese word for "visual signal".
- Kanban starts with what you do now.
- It respects the current roles and responsibilities of the team members.
- Encourage leadership from all levels.
- Kanban is based on the use of a board with multiple columns that represent the stages of a high-level workflow.
- Here are some of Kanban's principles:
- It is a pull system which ensures that product gets from Product Backlog to Customer in the shortest possible time and helps to uncover bottlenecks in the process.
✨ Kanban quick start
- 5. When the first column is almost empty its a signal to send another ticket from the backlog.
- 1. Prepare the board with the columns named according to your workflow stages.
- 3. Assign limits to how many items can be in progress at each workflow stage (Work in Progress limits).
- 📝 Here's your to-do list on how to start using Kanban in your team:
- 2. Put all the work items on the cards and place put in a column to indicate where the item is in the workflow (for example, To Do, In Progress, and Done)
- 4. If the column is empty, it's a signal to send another ticket to the column.
- 👉🏼 Quick note. This board is a perfect Kanban template. If you want a quick start with Kanban system, just create a new board, add names to the columns and add cards.
🤔 Kanban FAQ
- Should be small enough for your team to be able to make progress in a reasonable amount of time
- The card should have the name, the description, the date it was created and the due date.
- Why do we need to limit the work in progress?
- How do we make Kanban system work better?
- How can we prioritize the tasks?
- Determine the tasks that take too much time, problems that tend to repeat, reasons why the team struggle to complete the tasks.
- This is an important part, which may disturb the team at first. The idea is that the entire team focuses on moving tasks forward which leads to better productivity and quality of work.
- Use visual signs to show how important the task is.
- What do we do if there are my stages in our workflow than just 3?
- Though your workflow can be more elaborate than that we suggest that you start from something simple and adjust the system when you are ready.
- When there's a space for another task, take urgent tasks first, then important task and then the old ones.
- Organize retrospective once a month.
- How to name the card?